Thursday, January 27, 2011

Admin Day 1

I really can't help but come up with a post for this particular day of the year. It is the day when, after 2 months of waiting, secondary school grads step into the JC which they are posted to as a student.

Man, this really brings back memories from 2 years ago, specifically on 1st Feb 2009. Not that i remembered much about the Admin Days themselves, since recollections from Orientation Fortitude is totally overwhelming, but the simple journey taken at 6.30am (yeah, i was damn afraid that i would be late. The 40-odd other freshies that were on 81 with me probably had the same worry) from my house's bus stop to MJC is like my first milestone in Meridian Junior College.

One of my first few thoughts for Admin Day 1 was, "damn, these people are long-winded". That was thanks to sitting on the hall floor for somewhere around 3 hours listening to the various HODs and Principals give their speech. I was totally grateful that the first thing Ms Lai did when the mic was passed to her was to tell us to get up to stretch our legs. Score one for respect to her. Hahaha. xD

Apparently, i heard that my batch was the last batch they conducted demo lectures for. Seriously, how could they scrap demo lectures?! That's like so important! Mind you if there weren't any demo lectures for me i might have ended up taking Econs instead of Geog and 4 H2's of BCME instead. Imagine the horror.. o.0

On hindsight, i finally understood why they did not offer BCMG as a 4 H2 combi. The amount of things to memorise would be too much to take. Its a good thing Jansen and i pulled out of the appeal for that combi during course counselling with the Geog dept. If i had stuck on, that class would have been opened and i seriously doubt that my results would have been any rosier. I wonder how the 10S121 people with that combi are coping now..

Darn i'm already feeling kinda nostalgic right now.. =.=

No comments: